fox etc

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Mar 6 10:22:38 PST 2003

Distinctions between the tablod media and the so-called "serious" media have been eroding for quite some time. People here may recall that it was the National Inquirer that first broke the Jennifer Flowers story back in the 1992 presidential campaign, only then to be followed up by such publications as the NY Times and Washington Post. I remember that a few years earlier, the NY Times carried excerpts from Kitty Kelley's bio of Nancy Reagan on its front page, which shows that the tabloidization of the quality press has been going on since at least the late 1980s.

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com