W's transcript

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 8 08:24:38 PST 2003

Jim Farmelant wrote:

>Well, Bush the Elder did get good grades at Yale, and was
>I believe, even a Phi Beta Kappa. Did that make him a superior
>president to his son?

Superior is a loaded word, but he was less bad than his son. He was less aggressively imperialist, less repressive, less given to promoting the upward redistribution of income, and generally less mean, violent and stupid. I don't know if it has something to do with grades, but insofar as 41 wasn't an ignorant fundamentalist, it might.

Doug