three years later: Osama's sons = 85 Dow points

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:11:09 PST 2003

>From: Doug Henwood
>
>Wall St Week Ahead-No party for bubble anniversary Friday March 7, 5:35 pm
>ET By Denise Duclaux
>
>NEW YORK, March 7 (Reuters) - Monday marks the third anniversary of the
>biggest party ever hosted by Wall Street, but investors will pass the day
>with gloom -- and a sizable dose of bitterness -- as the countdown to war
>and the erosion of the market continue.
>
>The technology-stuffed Nasdaq composite index (IXIC) soared as high as
>5,132.52 on March 10, 2000 -- hitting a level never seen in its roughly
>30-year history and not likely to be witnessed again any time soon.
>
>Sentiment took a 180-degree turn the following three years, and next week
>will highlight the startling shift in mood as the deadline for a war on
>Iraq looms, the hunt for terror suspects intensifies and economic data
>paint a dreary picture. ...

Fortune plango vulnera (I bemoan the wounds of Fortune)

I bemoan the wounds of Fortune with weeping eyes, for the gifts she made me she perversely takes away. It is written in truth, that she has a fine head of hair, but, when it comes to seizing an opportunity she is bald.

On Fortune's throne I used to sit raised up, crowned with the many-coloured flowers of prosperity; though I may have flourished happy and blessed, now I fall from the peak deprived of glory. ...

-- From Carl Orff, "Carmina Burana"

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail