The Red Purge's Lasting Impacts

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Mar 9 21:04:23 PST 2003

BrownBingb at aol.com wrote:

> Does is look like mine? Does it say "Made in North Korea?"
>
> Chuck0
> To paraphrase Holden Caufield , this is some phony stuff. Poor little
> fellow. His feelings are hurt. Oh and it is phony or fake ass, as they
> say nowadays,. REDBAITING too , in case you thought whining about not
> wanting to hear anything about redbaiting could prevent me from calling
> a spade a spade. I mean who do you think you are fooling ? Workers'
> World builds the biggest demonstration it ever has , and you don't think
> the smell of your sour grapes are evident ? _Avoiding_ civil
> disobedience and police arrests are "sectarian" and divisive ? What a
> whopper ! Yea , all those middle class demonstrators would be really
> turned off by not trying to get arrested. Shhhhhsshhh
>
> Go Lou Paulson and his comrades !
>
> ChuckB

Which WWP demonstration are you talking about? Haven't you forgotten that ANSWER is organizing demos, not the WWP?

Your rant is pretty incoherent, so I find it difficult to address your other points. It's pretty clear to most people that these charges of "redbaiting" are just a poor attempt by ANSWER to avoid intra-movement criticism and accountability.

I'm not very impressed with the WWP and it's so-called organizing ability. As the Code Pink demo showed this weekend, any bunch of halfway competent people can put together a rally and march for several thousand people. And there were even buses organized for Code Pink that weren't sponsored by the Kim Il Jong Bus Service!

When this war is over, if it ever begins, ANSWER will be just an answer to activist trivia questions.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips