The North Korean "Threat"

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Mar 10 17:03:49 PST 2003

Steve wrote:

> --well, for starters, don't rehire the clowns in the US administration who
> encouraged Saddam to invade Iran or Kuwait.

Do you imagine that the US played an important role in either conflict?

> Of course, don't get me wrong, I don't mean to intimate that either the
> Repubs or the dems have a sincere interest in the problem of Saddam's
> regime's conduct, either domestically or internationally, this war is
about
> far more than that, as should be obvious enough by now.

No, it sure doesn't look like much of anyone has a sincere interest in the problem of the Saddam regime's _internal_ conduct. However, it seems to me that this incarnation of the Gulf War (just like the last) has at least something to do with the threat Iraq poses to its neighbors.

-- Luke