The US has lost the war

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Mon Mar 10 21:05:28 PST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> In addition, 53 per cent of those questioned would support political
> or economic sanctions against the US if Washington went to war with
> Iraq without UN support, although the German government has not
> proposed the application of such sanctions....
>
> <http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1045511486859>

If Europe really does scramble its Evangelions against the, um, how shall we put it, Angel of Petro-fundamentalism, the results for Bananamerica will be frightful (though merely unpleasant for the EU). The folks at the indispensable Financial Market Center have a report showing that foreign direct investment in the US plummeted from $307.7 billion in 2000 to a paltry $46 billion in 2002:

http://www.fmcenter.org/fmc_superpage.asp?ID=561

Tomorrow I'm going to check on the reciprocal trade exposure of the EU-US-East Asia.

-- DRR