ANSWER envy

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 05:53:44 PST 2003

"Nathan Newman" <nathanne at nathannewman.org>

>CB: The nuclear threat is from Fascist America, not Stalinist North Korea.

Nathan: Did I say that the US was not a threat? I was talking about the fears of the American people about war and terrorism.

But it is folks like you and the WWP who pose this either or politics-- you're with the anti-imperialist movement or you're with the fascists in the US. Which is just similar wording to the Bush-types, you're either with the forces of US democracy or against it. And guess what? When the WWP and you set up that dichotomy, most folks end up with Bush. Which is why the WWP "global class war" bullshit rhetoric is such a loser for the movement. We need a politics that can heartily condemn both North Korean brutality and the danger of having an unelected playboy dictator playing with the bomb AND the danger of having an unelected playboy "democrat" playing with the bomb. But the failure of the WWP-allied left to criticize Hussein and North Korea is why they end up without the credibility to make the case against Bush and company.

********

CB: We need to work on getting the U.S. and the American people out of running the whole world , including Korea and Iraq. I'm an American, a member of the most arrogant, official intermeddling country in the world. I need to keep my mouth shut about the decision as to how the Koreans, North and South , run their country, even if I have an opinion , or look to another country sometime as an example. And I need to convince as many other Americans of the same thing. I need to get my country's goddamned army out of Korea and keep it out of Iraq, because all this U.S. meddling in other peoples' business is starting to really come home to roost like never before as on September 11, 2001. The world is getting fed up with Ugly Americans. We must spend all that military money on fixing up America ,not ruling the world. Not only that Bush and Ashcroft and the gang, and I do mean gang, are starting to take away all our liberties at home. There is a real American fascism aborning under the phoney cover of patriotism. Huey Long was right. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030311/4e8043ad/attachment.htm>