The North Korean "Threat"

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 05:56:49 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/10/2003 10:26:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, philion at hawaii.edu writes:

> me
>
> > --well, for starters, don't rehire the clowns in the US administration
> who
> > encouraged Saddam to invade Iran or Kuwait.
>

> Luke responds:
>
> Do you imagine that the US played an important role in either conflict?
>

> --in terms of US goading of Iraq in the Iran War, I think there's
> substantial evidence of that. Important, sure it's important that the most
> powerful and wealthy country on earth encourages a poor country to go to
> war. Kuwait, I think there is also plenty of evidence that we had no great
> issue with the prospect of a Kuwait-Iran conflict, not an unimportant
> factor, especially in light of the other options (i.e. pushing the Kuwaiti
> colony to negotiate seriously with Iraq and end the dispute before it got
> out of control).

See one of my questions about Kuwait: is there any kind of international court or mechanism where Iraq could have taken its complaints about slant-drilling with some hope of assistance or were the only option bilateral talks or whatever adhoc thing Iraq could get its supporters to help with?

For that matter, if such a disupute mechaism existd, could Iraq lay claims against the US for all the obnoxious pre-war lies such as the Kuwaiti babies stories???

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030311/f956c40e/attachment.htm>