Fronting for Stalinists

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Mar 11 07:05:35 PST 2003

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> If trying to raise the level of current anti-war activism to "stop the
> US war machine, not JUST THIS WAR" is your concern, you should worry
> most about the virtual coalition Win Without War, secondly about United
> for Peace and Justice, and only thirdly about ANSWER. The first two (the
> first much more than the second) wish to focus on JUST THIS WAR, whereas
> you and ANSWER are on the same page, as far as wanting to go beyond
> trying to stop JUST THIS WAR is concerned.

I have no time for the liberalism of those first two coalitions and do not plan to spend any time helping them out. On the other hand, ANSWER has interfered in the work of coalitions that I have been a member in. They've obstructed and disrupted the anti-globalization movement here in D.C. The odds are that those other two coalitions will disband after this current war, but the sectarians behind ANSWER will be up to their dirty tricks for years to come.

If ANSWER is interested in fighting more than just this war, then why aren't they organizing tactics to shut down the war machine? Why just a focus on rallies and marches? Well, we know that they aren't interested in fighting *any* war, just in building their organization and the credibility of their leadership.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips