Fwd: A new Dark Ages at Virginia Tech

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 09:57:59 PST 2003

--- joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at sun.com> wrote:

> >Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:55:23 -0500
> >From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>
Hey, we have at least one student from Virginia Tech on this list. How is this playing out over there in Hokie land?

-Thomas
> >Virginia Tech Bans Speakers With Extreme Views and
> Relaxes
> >Antidiscrimination Clause
> >By MEGAN ROONEY
> >
> >The governing board of Virginia Tech voted on
> Monday to bar advocates of
> >extreme political views from speaking on the
> campus. Under the new policy,
> >student groups must seek the president's approval
> if they wish to invite
> >speakers who support or take part in activities
> that could be construed as
> >"domestic violence or terrorism."

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"