US, country of dickheads

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Thu Mar 13 22:45:27 PST 2003

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

ChrisD(RJ) wrote:

>I should point out that the US has very little economic leverage over
Russia
>with which to carry out said threats. The US is a minor trading partner for
>Russia.

I thought: 1) Russia's pretty flush, and so less vulnerable to U.S. bullying, and 2) the U.S. wants Russian oil as an alternative to the Middle East. So who's in the stronger bargaining position now? --- No kidding. "Let's see, who do we side with? Germany, our largest trading partner, or the US, with whom we have less trade than with Romania?" No-brainer.