russian petrol & irak

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Fri Mar 14 01:32:33 PST 2003

On vendredi, mars 14, 2003, at 18:23 Asia/Tokyo, ChrisD(RJ) wrote:

> jc helary:
>
> i read somewhere (le monde ?) that british petroleum is now nb 2 in the
> oil business in russia.
> ---
> BP bought half of Tyumen Oil Co. for $6 million, largest FDI in Russian
> history (20% of total FDI, in fact). I don't know if it's no. 2.
> Russia's
> largest oil co. is Yukos, followed I think by LUKoil.

lukoil was also mentioned in the article. it said russian companies were the first (in nb, about 6 out of 20, cf a deutsche bank study) to have had contacts with irak. lukoil is said to have signed a huge contract there but since it did not invest anything irak abruptly put an end to the contract last january (?)

it looked like irak had trapped security council members into prospective contracts that have not brought yet any practical results. do you have ideas about that ?

jc helary