War Crimes List

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Mar 16 06:16:59 PST 2003

"Washington, March 15 - For the first time, the Bush administration has identified nine senior Iraqi officials, including Saddam Hussein and his two sons, who would be tried for war crimes or crimes against humanity after an American-led attack on Iraq, a senior American official said. "The list of names - compiled, but not published, by American intelligence agencies - includes members of Mr. Hussein's inner circle who sit atop a hierarchy of 2,000 members of the Iraqi elite."

Very good. Now, how about those in the USG who aided and abetted Saddam in his crimes? What's that? There are no American officials listed? Really? Wha -- oh, right . . . we were, to quote #41, trying to bring Saddam into "the family of nations." I forgot. Never mind.

<http://nytimes.com/2003/03/16/international/middleeast/16DIPL.html>

DP