BW worries about GWB

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 11:00:21 PST 2003

At the risk of raising the specter of anti-semitism (and bearing in mind that I'm Jewish here), I wonder if the specifically Lukidnik ultra-Zionist commitments of some of the neocons behaind PNAC (Perle, Wolfie, etc.) play a big role here. Even my mom noticed this connection, in the context of discussing the vile comments by whatsisname, the Dem congressman from Alexandia, VA, who stuck his foot down his throat and out his ass in saying that the Jews were behind the war drive, and my mom is ultra-sensitive to antisemitic remarks and protective of Israel. She's probably not untypical of our liberal supporters, not politically reflective, a bundle of contradictions, hates Likud and Sharon, reveres Labor, despises Arabs and Orthodox Jews about equally, supports New Deal.Great Society programs passionately, is fiercely antiwar. She said that the involvement of the neocon Jews in this biz makes her sick. jks

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>NB, have people noticed that this is a case for relative autonomy.
>Despite the importance of oil in this equation, the war and the US
>hegemonic drive is decidedly NOT reflecting the wishes or interests
>of the big bourgeoisie. This is state-driven, primarily.

Yup, and that state was appropriated by a particular sectoral, geographical, and ideological gang, more thuggish than the median.

And right now, these guys are so awful that I'm happy to have BW making arguments like this. I know they're not good allies for the long-term class struggle, but anything that causes trouble for the PNAC posse is ok by me.

Doug