FW: Rally at Union Square Tuesday at 5pm

cuito61 at onebox.com cuito61 at onebox.com
Mon Mar 17 19:23:35 PST 2003

-----Original Message----- From: "Not In Our Name" <info at notinourname.net> Sent: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:24:52 -0500 To: <info at notinourname. Net> Subject: Rally at Union Square Tuesday at 5pm

As George Bush gives his ultimatum to the Iraqi people and sets up the stage to bomb and invade Iraq, we have a responsibility to respond.

We will converge at Union Square at 5pm on Tuesday. Please bring signs and make noise.

We cannot go about our daily business as usual while plans for bombs designed to fatten Baghdad and "shock and awe" the world into submission to U.S. might are loaded into planes.

NION along with other forces are planning to reclaim Union Square as ours to express our resistance. Union Square can become a place for constant vigils, speak outs, and convergence as people walk out of their schools or jobs.

We will not be silent as the US machinery of war devastates the people of Iraq.