Everybody Have A Nice War!

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 21:55:52 PST 2003

If millions don't wind up dying from the war, and Bush actually winds up keeping all the promises his spinmeisters keep making, I think every poodle in a sweater peacenik has plenty of reason to do a victory dance.

The media are still trying to talk about "Shock and Awe," and being really cloying about hoping the Iraqis will just surrender, BUT the discussion has shifted. We have stopped hearing so much about the US occupying Iraq for 2 years. The proposed term of occupation keeps getting shorter and shorter. Today Shrub's even promising to immediately let Kofi Annan take over the oil for food program and begin humanitarian assistance. I do not think the administration line would be anywhere near that if it weren't for the worldwide distaste for earlier versions of the proposed war tale.

Of course the cynic in my thinks Shrub just wants to make a lot of rubble and then cheap out on the cleanup, but I am TRYING to look on the bright side of the "Bombing for Disarmanent" campaign.

Plus, just think, once Shrub blows off all our blitz guns, the US doesn't HAVE to rebuild them; we could try disarmanent too!

DoreneC