"Saddam's apparatus of terror"willshatter"the whole world view of the left"

Reese reeza at flex.com
Thu Mar 20 06:19:38 PST 2003

At 06:55 AM 3/20/2003 -0600, Carrol Cox wrote:

>I would chat with you on other topics and then go back to the business
>of invigorating the millions who agree with me but either don't know
>they do yet or who don't think anything can be done about it.

Those millions are the silent majority, yes? A classic Greek silent majority?

>I engage
>in arguments with "your point of view" only if there are neutral
>bystanders around. Other wise, ....

Onlist then. I wish to engage you in civil debate, as best as I can be civil and et cetera. I prefer offlist but I'll meet you onlist if I must.

>I didn't read your original post, so I'm not sure what POV I'm supposed
>to be arguing against.

Presume I'm a gung ho shit military type who thinks everyone should own 3 or 4 guns at least. A rogue rightist who wishes to meet "the enemy" or whatever so we can lay differences to rest. A fiend, friend and foe in one, someone who has lurked off and on for 2 years but still doesn't get the lefty perspective, let alone a more radical or targeted perspective such as Leninism or Stalinism.

Marxist analysis, I get - though I don't know how to analyze things that way; There is a disconnect somewhere, I'm looking for it. I need to nail it down so I can skin it and tan its hide.

Reese