Where Are the Protesters??!

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Mar 20 22:22:53 PST 2003

>I've gone to a couple protests here in CT since the
>bombing started last night, and the turnout has been
>low to non-existent. These articles confirm that,
>outside places like San Francisco, the numbers
>nationwide are indeed low, so far. Where is
>everybody?

500-person (nonpermitted) march in Gainesville (FL). Plus about 10 pro-war types. Had a good shouting match going. Plenty of cops but no arrests. Demo & town meeting scheduled for Saturday.

For me Bush's speech evoked that scene in Independence Day, "WE COME IN PEACE" Blam Blam Blam "WE COME IN PEACE" Blam Blam ...

Jenny Brown