Support the Troops reduxe...

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Mar 22 14:56:58 PST 2003

For instance last night the LAPD shoved my daughter and her boyfriend around on the street outside his apartment building on Santa Monica blvd telling them they could not stand there. There were a group of protestors somewhere in the area - down a block or so. Is it a crime to stand on a street corner? John Johnson reported there had been more batoning of people at the Westwood Federal Building yesterday. The cops are dressing in full riot gear now. But if you want an overview report you could try the National Lawyers Guild in LA. They are handling many of the arrestees court issues and I'm sure they would know more than I do. BTW I missed the gathering today. Just to sore to make it. Marta

--