Support the Troops reduxe...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 22 19:40:42 PST 2003

Ian Murray wrote:

> [...]
[clip]
> > And I don't see why
> > anyone who opposes this land grab would hope for massive Iraqi
> > casualties.
> > To do so would reflect the cynicism of those waging war.
> [clip]
> Too many have already died due to 21st century capitalism and militarism
> while the collective competencies and capabilities to create a better
> world continued to be fettered by the same; somethin's goin' down and
> maybe, just maybe peace and creativity and solidarity will blossom forth
> from this mess.............

This discussion is really odd -- as though the number of casualties will be affected by what anyone "hopes" will be the case.

Why all this speculation and hoping/not hoping? And there are not two alternatives, there an indefinite number of alternatives (i.e. possibilites of what the future will be).

Talking about hoping this or not hoping that is turning war and opposition to war into a football game, with us on the sidelines cheering or jeering. Jeez.

Our job is simply to do the best we can to build resistance to the fucking U.S. state and ruling class. Forget the sideline wishing game.

Carrol