Honest Criticism of ANSWERs San Francisco Demonstration

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 23 08:58:18 PST 2003

My hopes that, "Direct Action To Stop The War, " <URL: http://www.actagainstwar.org/ > would be a de-centralized network/cluster to counter the Stalinoid Popular Front of ANSWER, are belied by the announcement below, mirroring what Becker was announcing from the stage yesterday afternoon after the March re-converged at Civic Center, before the breakaway started.

Direct Action Monday 7AM Justin Herman Plaza The historic wave of direct action against the war will continue on Monday morning. Direct Action to Stop the War, Not in Our Name and International ANSWER are calling for 7 am actions starting in Justin Herman Plaza on Monday. Let’s keep up the pressure on the Bush Administration and the war makers who live in our city. Form an affinity group and get ready for more direct actions next week by attending the spokescouncil meeting on Sunday at 7pm at St Boniface Church, 133 Golden Gate Ave.

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to

each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that

we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted

at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy