Time to flee the US?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:52:45 PST 2003

>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
>I have also had this thought. I agree with Carl, too, that it's not like
>there's a safe place to hide.

Actually it was Eric who wrote there's no place to hide. I just posted the Salon article.

However, this emigrate/don't-emigrate topic is something my wife and I have debated fecklessly for some time. Our economic ties to this nation have certainly become, ah, attenuated since the downturn began, and our cultural ties to the nation are just about zip at this point. The US seems just a dreary, stupid, oppressive society determined to become ever more so.

But where would we go? There is indeed no place to hide with the US running the world. And who would have us? I don't relish the thought of being a readily identifiable US expat in a world where hatred and contempt for Americans is sure to grow.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus