Time to flee the US?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 09:02:15 PST 2003

> But where would we go? There is indeed no place to hide with the US
running
> the world. And who would have us? I don't relish the thought of being a
> readily identifiable US expat in a world where hatred and contempt for
> Americans is sure to grow.
>
> Carl

Are American LBOers seriously considering exile? Not that we make more than a pin prick of difference in the war-mad culture, but it seems to me that even thinking about fleeing is despair of the worst, and in a sense theatrical, sort. There are homegrown democratic, even radical, ideas and currents to be tapped into and expanded. Why leave the culture in the hands of the FrontPage crowd and blog-wimps like Andrew Sullivan? Fuck it, man -- let's fight.

DP