And the firefighting contract goes toooooooo..........

Nomiprins at aol.com Nomiprins at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 14:32:20 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/25/2003 5:19:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, dhenwood at panix.com writes:

> I'm mildly shocked that it was a no-bid contract. They're not even
> trying to keep up appearances. Shameless, totally shameless

They did point out that the contract had to go to a company that had the appropriate 'security clearances'. Hell, Halliburton got all those taken care of during the first war with Iraq.

Equally shameless, of the 7 contracts given out without a bidding process, none are going to UK corporations, so much for being allies. Separately, WorldCom is negotiating a no-bid communications contract in Iraq (they have a name-only office there). Then there's Richard Perle's and Global Crossing. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030325/d3ce4ff3/attachment.htm>