Revolutionary Defeatism RE: POW's

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Mar 25 16:24:36 PST 2003

At 06:14 PM 3/25/03 -0600, Carrol Cox wrote:

>And Iraqi are not dying because we wish them to fight and die. If they
>decide to fight, that is their choice, correct? And if they fight, do we
>not wish them well? We don't wish them ill, do we? The U.S. government,
>not your or my wishes, kills them.
>
>We oppose this war because we oppose the war aims of the U.S., correct?

yes. perhaps you should be telling this to the same people i'm trying to tell this to?

>Our purpose is not to feel comfortable. Our purpose is to generate
>internal resistance to u.s. imperialism -- i.e. to the slaughter which
>the u.s. has imposed, is imposing, and will continue to impose on the
>world until it is stopped.

have i not been saying that?

it seems to me that it occurs because there's been a nifty separation between US lives and Iraqi lives. somehow, magically, if you wish death on US soldiers then this doesn't involve iraqis?!

how is that possible? what can one possibly be thinking? to me, it's like advocating that OTHER people go off and slaughter themselves for our political aims.

i know that the people who've uttered these statements aren't thinking about iraqis. i wonder why, though, they are not!?

kelley