Life and Death and Korea

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Wed Mar 26 01:09:24 PST 2003

> As far as wanting the slaughter to end: we've got to stop not just this
> war, but the next five or six wars these evil insane fuckers are
> already
> planning. Iran and Syria are clearly next. Only the EU (with the
> backing

there is a discussion on a different list (japan centered) about the role of the us regarding the nk issue. one of the members says:

>> Koizumi's choice to support the US (even though Japan it seems is not
>> going to send anybody there) is the worst choice possible. Only a
>> strong support to the Russian-Chinese-French (-German) side would have
>> given Japan a chance to assert its position within the UN, not only as
>> an economic leader, but as a credible option to work on the NK (and
>> other Asian) issues.
>> jc helary
>
> But so far, the Chinese and Russians don't feel this issue should be
> brought to the UN. They both have publicly expressed that it is only
> between the US & NK and nobody else; so why should Jpaan have any
> faith in
> the UN on this matter. Also, given the UN's record in Kosovo and
> Rwanda,

ok, i do sound naive, but i can't really imagine that china and russia have any interest in leaving the us sort the nk mess on their own.

plus considering the nk news of late it seem kim is using a lot this iraqi thing to play with japan's nerves.

my feeling, as i state above, is that regarding regional issues and the best way to solve them koizumi took the worst option. it does not seem to be the opinion of other participants. can lboers give me hints ?

jc