IRAQWAR.RU 3/26

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Wed Mar 26 19:43:42 PST 2003

Doug wrote:

> Fascinating. So who are they and what are their sources? Russian

> intelligence? Russian companies helping Iraq can't be an accident.

> What's Russia's interest in this? Fucking with the US?

Yeah, it's fun stuff. Not like the flood of propaganda vomit from the NYTimes etc.

They say they are relying on Russian intelligence (GRU - military intelligence), which doesn't necessarily mean they are not relying on Russian intelligence. Thiago says they are Russian arms sellers, and it doesn't seem unreasonable that there's some connection.

They are "participants of the Military Historical Forum-2" - in short military history fans. Certainly including retired military intelligence, and with a sense of humor (the supposed Pentagon briefings, for example).

In this edition they point out the possibilities opened by the extended supply lines of the XVIIIth Airborne. This has lots of WWII parallels for these guys. Perhaps the reports of Iraqi armored movements are an attempt to capitalize on the possibility.

Retired (and serving) Russian military have no more reason to be fond of the US than anyone else, probably less. I'm sure their motives are honorable :-)

john mage