TRAQWAR.RU

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Thu Mar 27 07:07:26 PST 2003

>Obviously, Russian intelligence has a lot of reasons to monitor
>what's going on.

Monitor, for sure. But disseminate? That strikes me as very interesting. Far from discouraging the emergence of rivals to the U.S., the war on Iraq seems to be encouraging them - Russia (with the EU?) and China.

Doug --- I am increasingly , albeit speculatively, sure that this is what is going on. Who in their right mind, with any choice in the matter, would side with the US after the fiasco of Bush's foreign policy? Moreover, what would be the point in Russia aligning itself with the US?