LBO chess league (was: Re: Clausewitz lives

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Thu Mar 27 07:46:33 PST 2003

> Actually I rather like old Znosko-B's book, and even more
> daringly Spielmann's
> on the Art of Sacrifice. Dare I say I have learned a trhing
> or two from them
> that has improved my game?

Hey! How many chess players are on this list? Of course it's well known that all great Marxist theoreticians and organizers are board game players: chess in Europe / Americas, go in Asia.

I'm at the positional end of the spectrum myself. I think Michael Stean's "Simple Chess" is a gem.

Should we get up a couple teams? Bolshies vs. Menshies? Anarchists vs Authoritarians? Libs vs. Revos?

lp