Sleuthing (wasRe: IRAQWAR.RU 3/26)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 27 11:24:35 PST 2003

Kelley wrote:

>i guess i don't see how the information is particularly damaging. we
>know they're spying on us and, hence, not everything GRS is
>intercepting is "the truth". some of it is probably created just for
>their consumption.
>
>and i guess i don't see how we are in some unexpected state of world
>conditions that the US gubmint hasn't expected all along. If the
>Thirty Year Itch article is at all correct, and I think it is, this
>is all in the plan, n'est-ce pas? And everyone knows about it. It's
>not likely that Russian, French, etc. intelligence missed any of
>this. And even if this documents, speculations, game plans hadn't
>been around for years, these nations would be fools to think that we
>aren't their enemies and we'd be fools to think that they aren't
>ours. (fools, from their worldview, that is.)

It's not just the information - it's the Russians in Baghdad, Putin's remarks, etc. Russia isn't a patsy any more, and I don't think the Bush admin expected that. In fact, I don't think they expected the intensity of the opposition they've generated so far. They thought Iraq would fold in an instant; they thought our "allies" would fall into line. And they couldn't even buy the vote of Angola or Cameroon. Could you imagine what will happen if they try to go after Iran or NK next?

Doug