odd quote from Chief of Turkish General Staff

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Thu Mar 27 12:30:07 PST 2003

General Ozkok, yesterday, licking his chops over the prospect of the US&UK begging him on bended knee to save them from disaster.

''Developments about the military action against Iraq have revealed Turkey's geopolitical and strategic values and importance. Turkey is the important and reliable country of the region. If everything gets out of control one day, I hope that our friends will be left no choice but asking Turkey to do what they are against today,'' he added. <http://www.turkishpress.com/turkishpress/news.asp?ID=9686>

john mage