NPR on the war

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Mar 27 12:49:52 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Point of clarification: are you really an Amy Goodman fan, or are you
> making a joke?

I'm a big fan.

I started listening to her and Pacifica last Fall. Pacifica is most preferential to NPR, although NPR is decent on weekends (with the exception of Scott Simon who needs a bullet in the head). The local Pacifica outlet here (WPFW) isn't terrible, but you could tell that it is the bottom feeder among the Pacifica flagship stations when Pacifica ran that special 48 hours of national programming last week. I'm trying to figure out if NPR's liberalism or Pacifica's old school authoritarian leftism is worse.

>> I'm sorry, but I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to Gary Null
>> and most of those piss poor Pacifica shows.
>

> Hey, Gary's feeling persecuted. He's been cut back from 5 days a week
> to 4, and he's raising money to sue. What a whiner. By the way, he
> lets pigs wander through the living room of his Florida house.

I can't stand Gary Null. I remember despising him 10 years ago when I lived in Madison and listened to WORT. I think I'd rather listen to Dianne Rehm and the sounds of fingernails scratching a blackboard than listen to another hour of Gary Null.

Chuck0