1:00 follies

N P Childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Fri Mar 28 11:15:09 PST 2003

Working at home today so I get the chance to watch the circus in real time instead of catching the edited high lights at night.

I haven't seen a Rumsfeld performance live until today, he seemed a might tetchy about the 'Our troops being greeted as liberators' question. Launched into a minor rant about no one *really* knowing what was going to happen, there would be all kinds of reactions, Saddam's well fed, Mercedes driving pals (almost verbatim BTW) wouldn't be so glad to see them, others would be glad, still others wouldn't care, yadda, yadda, yadda, basically saying 'we don't know what to expect' until it's all over, you impertinent pinko media type.

Unfortunately none of the media sheep asked the logical questions; 'How come Dick Cheney thought he knew several weeks ago? What do you think now of his assessment of the reception our troops will get? Will you be calling on Cheney the seer for more military advice?'

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo