Hutton: Blair and the US hard right

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:18:14 PST 2003

>From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>
>
>I would not know how much Margaret Thatcher catalysed the right in the USA
>but she clearly had a symbiotic relationship.

Indubitably. Much as Monica "catalyzed" ol' Bill Clinton, I think Maggie did make the US right much, er, harder by spinning her pornographic visions of the society-less society.

I read some UK columnist the other day who got all weepy over Thatcher's current decayed state -- after several strokes she apparently repeats herself endlessly and wanders around in public dusting furniture. Like her or not, said this columnist, you had to "pity" Thatcher in her dotage. I don't know why the hell I should pity her. I suspect most folks in the UK get medical care that is nowhere near what Baroness T. gets; I also suspect that, on average, they get medical care that is less good than it would have been without Thatcher's tender ministrations to the National Health Service.

Vile woman, vile influence.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail