Those damn suits

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Mon Mar 31 14:00:35 PST 2003

On the subject of evidence, I assume everyone else is as fed up as I am with the media's breathless reporting of Iraqi chemical protection suits being discovered every few days? And with the fact that no reporter ever asks:

- Who manufactured these suits? - When? - When did Iraq import them? - If it was under the regime of sanctions, then it's no surprise - right? - If it was back in the 1980's, isn't it likely, maybe obvious, that they were obtained for use in the Iran-Iraq War, in which both sides used gas? - Why haven't the military volunteered this information already, which they undoubtedly determined within an hour of finding the first suit? - Is it because they really ARE old suits, and they are deliberately trying to use them as evidence of a currently active Iraqi offensive chemical weapons program, for which they have no other evidence? - If suits are found in the possession of the USuk* forces, is this evidence that they have offensive chemical weapons?

lp