[lbo-talk] Re: Cuba petition

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 1 15:27:42 PDT 2003

Well in the absence of democratic elections in Cuba, who actually knows what the self-determination of the Cuban people is? Which is precisely the problem. By having a dictatorship, Castro opens the door to a range of people to speak in the name of the Cuban people, since they can't speak for themselves. Which makes a Bush invasion more possible since it will be done in the name of the Cuban people with plenty of Miami Cubans speaking in the name of a country whose people cannot themselves speak without risking jail.

-- Nathan newwman

The people of the United State have the right to speak without risking jail; but I take exception to the implied notion here that the capitalist controlled electoral process expresses their will.

If such a representitive system were *implanted* in Cuba, it would most likely be run by that cash-my-check cabal of exiles who now populate so much of the state of Florida.

Best, Mike B)

===== "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin