[lbo-talk] meanwhile, on the masturbation front

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Fri May 2 11:53:56 PDT 2003

you mean, prior to the early 18th century, but after, say, the 15th, when jean gerson wrote his treatise on masturbation? no, really. i'm not making that up. i'm only saying that, certainly in christian/catholic culture, masturbation has long been considered a bad thing -- a sign of moral weakness, weakness of will, etc., nevermind all that fantasizing that comes along with it, er, i mean, facilitates, er, accompanies, er . . .