[lbo-talk] Iraq: hit 'em upside the head, quick!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 19:29:13 PDT 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>[the pretenses are slipping away rapidly]
>
><http://slate.msn.com/id/2082292/>
>
>Law and Order: Special Iraq Unit
>Six new ideas for bringing real security to Iraq.
>By David Plotz ...
>
>It is too late to start the occupation ruthlessly, but it's not too late to
>enforce the occupation ruthlessly. ...

Fear not, Thomas Friedman strikes a reassuring, nurturing note about Iraq in his weekend column. If not actually reassuring, it's at least damn funny; Friedman has to be the worst stylist of any columnist today, as witness: "We just adopted a baby called Baghdad — and this is no time for the parents to get a divorce. Because raising that baby, in the neighborhood it lives in, is going to be a mammoth task."

<http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/04/opinion/04FRIE.html>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail