[lbo-talk] Re: Wojtek and America

stmcgraw at vt.edu stmcgraw at vt.edu
Tue May 6 13:09:01 PDT 2003

>Well, alas, a lot of this is true. This is because he is a East European
>intellectual and there's a lot of elitism that comes along with that. But,
>this is not to say that American unconsciousness is not a problem.
>
>Joanna

We should probably not generalize about east european intellectuals (i know some very nice ones), but of course 'american unconsciousness' is a problem. i simply dont see any evidence that it correlates inversely to wealth, culture or proximity to a college campus

-steve (using ever so many big words today)