[lbo-talk] Fidel drops in

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu May 8 10:37:21 PDT 2003

> His impromptu speeches probably lasted 5 of the 12 hours we met
> yesterday, and there's likely to be more today. Trevor and I have
> pages and pages of notes. A breathtaking experience, an amazing
> leader...

It's true that Castro's an intelligent guy. Perceptive as well. But some of the gushing I see on this and other lists is as annoying as it is predictable. The guy likes to hear his own voice, and clearly revels in his celebrity. Why those under him or near him fairly swoon with the vapors when he goes on on on for hours without interruption is beyond me. I don't know if Fidel drinks, but if he does, pheww, clear the room when the buzz takes hold!

DP