[lbo-talk] Fidel drops in

Bradford DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Thu May 8 10:49:47 PDT 2003

>[Posted by Patrick Bond to the Debate list
><http://www.lists.kabissa.org/mailman/listinfo/debate>.]
>
>Quite a remarkable day... Fidel came to the conference on Marx at
>the international conference centre, and listened respectfully...
>did two of his famous long riffs... humble and self-critical... His
>impromptu speeches probably lasted 5 of the 12 hours we met
>yesterday, and there's likely to be more today. Trevor and I have
>pages and pages of notes. A breathtaking experience, an amazing
>leader...

Why have so many on the Left for so long been so pathetically eager to lick the boots of dictators? Post many things like this, Doug, and you are going to drive me to make another try at reading _The Psychic Life of Power_--either that or start reading sociobiology and ethology about monkey politics and the drive-to-submission...

Bad DeLong