[lbo-talk] Fwd: mortgaging the earth, the musical

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 10 14:40:02 PDT 2003

Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:50:00 -0400 To: dhenwood at panix.com From: John Halle <john.halle at pop.snet.net> Subject: mortgaging the earth, the musical

Doug,

I hope this solicitation does not violate LBO protocol. If not, could you forward it to the list?

Thanks,

John

Dear LBOers,

As a result of this exchange in 1999

http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/9911/2164.html http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/9911/2174.html

I wrote a piece called Mortgaging the Earth which is now making the rounds of the "new music" circuit. It is scheduled to be performed in Boston in September and possibly a few other places next year.

There is also a performance scheduled in San Francisco. Unfortunately, the group, Composers' Inc. has been hit with budget cuts, requiring me to raise money to pay the additional four players they'll need to put the piece on.

So here's the deal I'll make: In exchange for a $25 contribution I'll send you a CD of my music including the studio recording of Mortgaging the Earth. Send checks to

Composers, Inc. PO Box 194552 San Francisco CA 94119-4552

The noted music critic D. Henwood weighed in on the piece in the following:

http://www.newhavenregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=5403824&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7576&rfi=8

It's not often that you can bash Larry Summers and support the arts at the same time. (And contributions are tax deductible.)

Let me know if you're sending a check and I'll send out a CD.

Best,

John Halle --