[lbo-talk] Soft Drink of the Real

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun May 11 21:28:27 PDT 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Took my daughter to see "X2" today. I was amazed that one of the main
> enemies in the film was the US military, esp since the sequel was made after
> 9/11. And in the trailer for "The Hulk," Big Green throws US Army tanks
> around and decimates American soldiers. Does Marvel have a Saddam jones?

Saw X2 last week with two other local anarchists. I think we scared the other theater patrons with our cheering for the mutants during that scene where they battled the US Special Forces.

Perhaps we are all underestimating the amount of anti-authoritarianism and anti-capitalist sentiment out there in America?

Two thumbs up for X2.

Chuck0