[lbo-talk] Soft Drink of the Real

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Sun May 11 23:00:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003 00:28:27 -0400

Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> Saw X2 last week with two other local anarchists. I think
> we scared the other theater patrons with our cheering for
> the mutants during that scene where they battled the US
> Special Forces.
>
> Perhaps we are all underestimating the amount of
> anti-authoritarianism and anti-capitalist sentiment out
> there in America?
>
> Two thumbs up for X2.
>
> Chuck0

Well Hollywood movies have always had the protagonist as the underdog poor working class person and the antagonist as powerful CEO...I think I remember the Ayn Rand institute or Right-Libertarians complaining about this a while back--how movies always show the rich as bad guys --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]