[lbo-talk] Fidel drops in

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 17:23:14 PDT 2003

Irony is a mugs' game in America, I keep forgetting.

Lance Murdoch <lbotalk at lancemurdoch.org> wrote:

On Tue, 13 May 2003, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> OK, I was wrong. It is apparently necessary suspend civil liberties to
> deal with terrorism. CC to Ashcroft, I;ll sign up for the
> Antiterrorism Division of the US Atty's Office. jks (formerly civil
> libertarian)

(History of the IRA ommitted)

So the suspension of civil liberties to deal with "terrorism" did more to derail the chance of any peaceful settlement and unleashed an orgy of death that lasts to this day (although it's been much better since the Good Friday agreement, bombs thrown at little girls going to school aside). As the American administration has announced it is withdrawing it's troops from Saudi Arabia, which is what Al Quaeda wanted all along, perhaps the American elite are smarter than their British cousins.