[lbo-talk] Cheech and Chong's Chong busted for bong

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Wed May 14 18:24:53 PDT 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:
> Jesus...what's so horrible about selling bongs? Is
> the problem that he called them "bongs", instead of
> whatever the call them at the "smoke shops" where you
> can purchase such parephenalia? Next thing you know
> they will be outlawing zig-zag papers

Water pipes is the preferred euphemism. The head shops can be touchy if you're to, um, forthright with your terms. We had a Green Party benefit concert back in 2000, and a water pipe was the raffle prize. I nearly got smacked by the head shop man for using the "b" word.

Years ago, I worked graveyard at 7-Eleven. We were prohibited by the company from stocking zig-zags. So people would buy and gut cigars of their tobacco.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!