[lbo-talk] Chomsky: The China Syndrome

Quenby Alclaire flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 09:26:15 PDT 2003

--- kjkhoo at softhome.net wrote:
> Quenby Alclaire wrote:
> >
> >no one takes FOX seriously
>
> Is that true? Are the reports that Fox has become the most popular
> 'news' channel false, or is it that Americans are so starved for
> entertainment that they turn to Fox for it, and not because they
> actually take it seriously, or turn to it for solace to confirm their
> self-belief.
>
> kjk

it seems to me i have read alot of articles running through the press refering to a growing suspicion of the media and a general dislike for tv coverage of the Iraq war (several articles on that from different mainstream sources). so as far as why FOX is the most popular, if it is, i can only speculate...i don't think it has anything to do with news though. i mean having Oliver North as a war correspondant? if someone was writing that as satire or sarcasm i'm sure they would shun putting Oliver North in there because it would be too heavy handed. perhaps chalk it up to the journalistic spectacle phenomena as in an object of curiosity or contempt.

~M.E.