[lbo-talk] CW in Matrix

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sat May 17 06:45:53 PDT 2003

Grant Lee wrote:

> I'd never heard of Cornell West before this discussion; I have to say

> I don't find his association with Al Sharpton very encouraging...

What's with this Sharpton-baiting?

As I understand it, the major charge against Rev. Al is that he supported Tawana Brawley, a young girl whose claims to have been a victim of a racist attack may have been false or at the least exaggerated.

Assuming the worst of this incident, how in the world can this be compared to such despicable and wicked acts as voting for the police state "Patriot Act," or to authorize Bush to invade Iraq, or to congratulate Blair for supporting Bush in the invasion? - all of which will be true of some Democraturd whom Nathan&Brad will be telling us we have to vote for.

Seems to me Sharpton-baiting is race-baiting.

john mage