[lbo-talk] America's Moon Expedition a Fake? - PRAVDA.Ru

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun May 18 22:58:40 PDT 2003

>Was anything said that deserved such a paroxysm?
>It seems to me that any newspaper, especially one
>named "Pravda", should have some accountability, even
>if it just reprints articles from other places.
>
>I bet if "Utne Reader" printed such a ridiculous
>article, you might have something critical to say
>about it. But because it was in a russian newspaper,
>and that is YOUR TERRITORY, you felt obliged to be
>snide. No?
>
>At least now we know not to say anything critical of
>anything russian, otherwise we shall incur your wrath.
>-Thomas

Yes, and my wrath is fearful. Beware! Pravda.ru does not differentiate between tabloids and "serious journalism." That's not what it does. I was pissed because MP did not go through the effort of scrolling down through the page, which would have taken 0.5 seconds, to notice that it was a reprint.

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963