[lbo-talk] B. Traven

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon May 19 23:49:45 PDT 2003

Not that I've read this book ( <URL: http://www.dreamgarden.com/ksb/authors/traven.html > , "MY SEARCH FOR B. TRAVEN. By Jonah Raskin. N.Y.,1980. 1st ed. Fine in dj. $35.00 . Raskin set out to write a biography of a writer he greatly admired. After almost a year at Traven's home and in the jungles of Chiapas, he came to his senses and wrote this book instead." ) of Jonah Raskin on B. Traven, but I did enjoy his autobiographical acct. of his red diaper babydom, and Weather Underground experiences, "Outside The Whale, : if memory serves.

ASSEMBLY LINE. N.D. (1977),New England Free Press, Somerville,Mass. A short story of Traven with an essay Labor,Mystery & rebellion: The Story of B. Traven by Jonah Raskin. 1st edition. Wraps. Fine. $50.

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy